Your gums are critical to the health of your teeth. It's critical to have gums that are healthy to prevent tooth loss. However, despite your most diligent efforts, you could be diagnosed with an advanced stage of gum disease known as periodontitis. You should consult with a top dentist in your area to help you understand what your treatment options are and the most effective way to tackle this dental concern.
If you case has not reached the severe level, it's possible your periodontitis can be treated without surgery. There is a variety of ways this can be done, and these are listed below:
1. Deep cleaning – This is also referred to as a scaling process and is when your top dentist will go beyond the steps of a regular cleaning. This process involves going below the gum line and removing all of the plaque that exists on the teeth.
2. Root planing – This process works to smooth the surface of the existing teeth and is an effective way of preventing bacteria from forming on the teeth.
3. Antibiotics – It may be possible to take medication that will help fight the bacterial infection on your gums to help improve your gum health.
For periodontal cases that are severe, you may need to invest in a surgical treatment to restore the health of your gums. Below are some surgical options for you to consider:
1. Soft tissue grafts – When your gums begin to recede severely, you may need to have tissue grafted from another part of your mouth and placed on your gums. It's common for this tissue to be taken from the roof of your mouth to help rebuild healthy gum tissue where needed.
2. Flap surgery – This process involves lifting up sections of the gum and removing any plaque that exists. Additionally, if you suffer from bone loss, this problem may be addressed at the same time by contouring the bone while doing this surgery.
3. Bone grafting – It is common for bone loss to occur with periodontitis. If so, you may need to have bone grafted or use a synthetic bone to help restore lost bone.
It's critical to your dental health to address periodontitis in its earliest stages for the best results. Be sure to work closely with a top dentist in your area for optimal results when it comes to dealing with this problem.
Do you remember the last time you were really proud of the way your smile looked? I used to feel like I could smile confidently, and then I broke a few of my teeth during a bad car accident. I realized that I needed to find a great dentist who could help, and I was able to find an incredible dental practice in my city that could help. I worked with them to have my teeth repaired, and it was a really great feeling to see how much better my teeth were looking. Now I can smile confidently, and it has changed my entire life. Check out this blog to learn more about finding a great dentist.